The popular IFD440 FMS/GPS/NAV/COM is a powerful, full featured navigator in a neatly designed package.
Avidyne’s IFD440 provides a plug-n-play touchscreen FMS/GPS/NAV/COM upgrade for GNS-equipped aircraft. Easy to use, easy to install, the IFD440 features all the power and capabilities of a next-generation panel mounted navigator.
Hybrid Touch: Touchscreen with knobs and buttons.
Avidyne’s exclusive Hybrid Touch interface, touchscreen with knobs and buttons, allows you access to any page in the system within two clicks, turns or a simple push of a button. When touchscreen can become cumbersome in turbulent weather, knobs and buttons allow you to manage your mission quickly and easily.
Simple Flight Planning
Flight planning has never been more simple. Drop down menus are logically placed to provide easy data entry of airways, exit points , destinations and approach procedures. To make flight planning even easier, the IFD440 can automatically create user-defined waypoints.
FMS Preview™ is a powerful flight planning features that allows you to load flight plans by showing you a real-time graphical depiction of each proposed modification in cyan prior to the selection. Visualize a desired waypoint, airway, hold or hold geometry, Direct To, approach, approach transition or any other terminal procedure before selection.
The convenient ‘rubber banding’ feature allows you to stretch any leg in the flight plan to easily deviate for weather or to accommodate an amendment from ATC.
Synthetic Vision: Improved situational awareness.
All IFDs, including the IFD440, are equipped with Avidyne’s enhanced Synthetic Vision (SVS) for improved situational awareness. Synthetic vision is fully integrated and requires no additional boxes or wires.
Terrain Awareness (SVS-TA) is provided via terrain coloration, providing visual Caution-Warning Alerting System(CAS)alerts and aural alerts terrain hazard awareness and alerting.
Forward Looking Terrain Alerting (FLTA) alerting provides an extra measure of safety by displaying a solid yellow or red impact pointbased on projected flight path in the event that a collision with terrain is projected. FLTA also provides visual CAS messaging & aural alerting. (Optional on the IFD440)
Standard high, low and grouping symbology is used to clearly depict obstacles on the SVS display. 3D Traffic uses standard traffic symbology with traffic depictions indicating relative threat level by their size and relative altitude and bearing. As traffic draws nearer to you, the traffic symbols grow in size on the IFD.
Airfields are depicted with a METAR-style flag when in field of view. With valid METAR data from your datalink, airfield flags will be color-coded to represent the ceiling and visibility, consistent with the moving map presentation.
WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity
All IFDs are equipped with WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. When enabled, the IFD440 easily connects to your iPad and the MK10 wireless keyboard providing pilots a convenient way to remotely operate the IFD system.
The IFD440 when paired with the IFD550 or in any combination, leverages Avidyne’s Byteflight databus architecture for cross-communication. In dual installations, the dual-databus architecture allows pilots to enter the flightplan on the familar QWERTY keyboard of one unit, while viewing the Map on the other.
The QWERTY keyboard automatically appears when an alpha-numeric data field is highlighted, making data entry as familiar to you as your computer or smart phone.
The convenience of direct, slide-in replacement
The Avidyne IFD440 is a direct slide-in replacement, pin-pin-pin for the GNS430. As a direct replacement you can get a best in class FMS/GPS/NAV/COM for less in installation costs and downtime.
User Interface Made Simple
- Hybrid Touch = Touch-Screen + dedicated Buttons/Knobs
- Gives pilots the choice based on user preference during
- different phases of flight
- ‘Rubber-band’ graphical flight plan editing
- MultiTouch allows for easy ‘pinch zoom’ capability
Installation Made Simple
- Slide-in replacement for GNS430/W
- Uses existing tray and connectors
- Minimizes install costs
Flight Planning Made Simple
- Easy Airway Flight Planning with FMS Preview™
- GeoFill™ makes flight plan and waypoint entry a snap
- Enter & Edit Flight Plans in a fraction of the time of legacy navigators
- FMS Vectors™ mode for FMS guidance through all phases of flight
- 2-channel Digital 10 Watt COM radio (16Watt optional)
- - Auto frequency nomination
- - One-touch Frequency List tuning
- 4-channel Digital NAV radio
- - Autotunes, Identifies & Monitors NAV frequencies
- - Virtually eliminates the need to manual tune NAV
Situational Awareness Made Simple
- Split FMS/Map pages
- Color-contoured Terrain Base Map
- Integrated Terrain Awareness & Alerting (Optional TAWS-B)
- 4.8” Diagonal w/Touch Screen
- Full VGA - 640 x 480 pixels
- 65,535 colors
- Ultrabright sunlight readable w/LED Backlighting
- Width: 6.30” (16.0cm)
- Height: 2.66“ (11.7cm)
- Depth: 11.00“(27.5cm) behind panel including connector
- Weight (including tray & connectors): 6.88 lb (2.34 kg)
- 11 – 33VDC
- 4.4A/6.5A Xmit @ 14vdc
- 2.2A/4.0A Xmit @ 28vdc
VHF COM Power Output
- 10 Watts nominal
- Optional 16Watt (for 28vdc installations only)
- DO 160E
- To 50,000 Ft
- +70C Short Term
- +70C Short Term
Basic system includes:
- IFD440 GPS/NAV/COM (10W, Black bezel)
- MK10 Keyboard
- WiFi/Bluetooth Activation
- FLTA/500' Activation
- Install kit, tray, backplate, and product information kit
*GPS antenna, if needed, is not included in price.
Additional Enablements & Options:
- 16W VHF Activation
- Helicopter Enablement Activation