Tap into a World of Navigation Capability
- Visualizes your entire flight plan, including departures, arrivals, visual/instrument approaches, holding procedures and more
- Overlays approach charts and potential hazards such as terrain, weather and traffic on a rich, dynamic global moving map for enhanced situational awareness
- Combines an intuitive 4.9" touchscreen with dedicated Direct-to button and dual concentric knob to access information efficiently
- Interfaces with a wide range of existing avionics and autopilots, including Garmin's TXi™ series touchscreen flight displays for an exceptionally integrated and harmonious experience
- Optional Connext® cockpit connectivity adds wireless database updates and shares GPS position, weather, traffic and more with your mobile devices and Garmin portables
- Advanced capabilities optionally available include voice commands, global text/voice calling and much more
With its centralized, touch-controlled screen providing easy access to navigation, radio tuning, multifunction display features and more, Garmin's GTN 650 navigator offers complete GPS/NAV/COMM/MFD capability in a robust, single solution. It’s approved for installation in hundreds of makes and models of fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters — putting high-resolution terrain mapping, graphical flight planning, traffic target surveillance, multiple weather options, taxiway diagrams and a host of other advanced navigation features at your fingertips.
To further streamline your cockpit management, GTN 650 integrates with other Garmin avionics to add exclusive industry-leading technologies such as Telligence™ voice command and Connext wireless cockpit connectivity to support data streaming between your avionics and the Garmin Pilot™, ForeFlight and FltPlan Go apps running on your iPad® tablet or another compatible mobile device. Any way you look at it, GTN technology is the logical choice for your avionics stack.
Touch and Go
If you’ve flown with Garmin's earlier-generation GNS™ 430 and GNS 530 series avionics, you’ll find the menus of GTN 650 have a familiar layout and feel. But with the GTN 650 touchscreen interface, you’re rarely more than 2 taps away from all of the system’s primary functions. The large, easy-to-use alphanumeric keypad makes data entry a breeze. Pilot-selectable data fields and shortcuts let you quickly reach the information you need to access most. Much like pinch-to-zoom scaling on a smartphone or tablet, you can use your fingers to zoom in and out on any map, traffic and terrain pages. You can quickly pan across the moving map by swiping across the 4.9” high-resolution display or enter waypoint data with the on-screen keypad.
For added control stability in flight, raised grips in the bezel and a shelf across the lower edge of the display serve as gripping points in both smooth and turbulent flight conditions. Traditional concentric knobs are also available for those who prefer that style of data input. If you have a second GTN, GNS 430W or GNS 530W system, pilot-selectable cross-fill capability automatically shares active flight plan information from one system to the other.
Navigate with Ease
The GTN family makes it easier than ever to get where you’re going. Graphical flight planning capabilities allow you to edit your entire route on the map screen and easily enter new waypoints or modify existing ones. The system even lets you load Victor and jet airways. A handy "rubber band" feature lets you grab any leg of your flight plan route and move it to accommodate a deviation or ATC amendment to your flight plan. The GTN 650 also allows you to enter your most recently visited or nearest airports as waypoints and “Direct To” destinations.
In IFR conditions, you now have more landing options, as well. The SBAS/WAAS-certified, 15-channel GPS receiver generates five position updates per second, enabling you to fly GPS-guided LPV glidepath instrument approaches down to as low as 200 feet. The system also includes a complete package of VHF navigation capabilities, with a 200-channel VOR/ILS with localizer and glidescope. When you load procedures, the GTN will preload NAV frequencies for you to manually switch to and can auto select the VHF NAV source for ILS approaches. In addition, precise course deviation and roll steering outputs can be coupled to select autopilots so that IFR flight procedures may be flown automatically. This includes all ARINC 424 leg types, except RF legs. (For example, when coupled with a G500/G600 Flight Display, the aircraft can fly fully coupled missed approaches, including heading legs.)
Make Communication a Breeze
A fully certified, 2,280-channel VHF communications transceiver provides a standard 10 W (or optional 16 W) of power output. The system is pilot-selectable to both 25 kHz and 8.33 kHz channel spacing. With the GTN 650, you can set your standby COMM frequency simply by touching the onscreen number pad. Another touch of the screen flip-flops your active and standby frequencies. Recent and favorite user frequencies also are a breeze to access. For added safety, holding down the volume knob will automatically dial in the emergency frequency.
See More Than Ever Before
Packed full of multifunction display capabilities, the GTN 650 brings enhanced situational awareness to your cockpit. With high-resolution terrain mapping – including topography features, cities, airports, terminal areas, SUAs and more – and optional Class B TAWS alerting, you’ll find your way around the airspace safely and with ease. On the ground, built-in Garmin SafeTaxi® U.S. airport diagrams give you geo-referenced runways, taxiways, FBOs and hangars.
Couple the system with a GDL 69 series datalink receiver and XM® subscriptions, you can overlay NEXRAD radar right onto your moving map display and receive satellite music. Or add a Garmin traffic system and pinpoint other aircraft in your vicinity. The system can even control the GTX 32/33 remote transponder, which could save you valuable panel space.
Stay Up to Date
The GTN 650 features a front-loading SD™ card reader, so you can easily update your databases. PilotPak™ database bundles are now available on a single aircraft basis, saving you money and simplifying the update process -- visit flyGarmin.com to learn more.
- Menu-driven graphical interface on color LCD touchscreen display
- Feature-rich MFD capabilities: moving map, airways, approaches and more
- GPS TSO’d to C146c, authorized for Class 1,2,3 (LPV)
- GPS WAAS-certified to Gamma-3 approach capability
- WAAS-corrected GPS signal accuracy to 1 M RMS
- Built-in GPS/ILS/VOR/LOC and glideslope capabilities available
- Graphical flight planning (including airway navigation)
- VHF COMM transceiver: 8.33 or 25 kHz channel spacing
- Com transmit power: 10 W standard, 16 W optional
- Extensive optional interface capabilities: lightning, weather, traffic, TAWS-B terrain alerting, and more
- Integrated control/display for remote transponder
- Flight control system interface for select autopilots
- Optional XM® WX satellite weather and XM Radio
- SafeTaxi® airport diagrams
- Award-winning Garmin product support and 2-year warranty
Physical & Performance:
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD:||6.25"W x 2.65"H x 11.25"D (15.9 x 6.7 x 28.6 cm)|
|Display size, WxH:||4.46"W x 1.98"H (11.33 x 5.02 cm); 4.9" diag (12.4 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH:||600 x 266 pixels|
|Display type:||Color TFT LCD; sunlight readable|
|Weight:||7.0 lb (3.20 kg)|
|Built-in VHF Comm:||yes|
|Transmit power:||10 watts minimum; 16 watts minimum (optional)|
|SBAS/WAAS receiver:||15 channel; TSO-C146c|
|IFR or VFR:||IFR|
Maps, Databases & Memory:
|Navigation data:||full and non-precision approaches, DPs and STARs, Victor/Jet Airways|
|Navigation database coverage areas:||Americas, International or Worldwide*|
|Preloaded Terrain database:||yes|
|Preloaded Obstacle database:||yes|
|Preloaded SafeTaxi™ airport diagrams:||yes|
|Preloaded Garmin FliteCharts®:||not available|
|Flight plans:||99 reversible; up to 100 waypoints each|
Features & Benefits:
|Fly SBAS/WAAS approaches:||yes|
|Front-loading datacards (conveniently update database information):||yes|
|XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. & Canada compatible:||yes|
|Traffic Information Services (TIS) alerts compatible:||yes|
|Class B TAWS alerting compatible:||yes|
|Additional:||2 year warranty
Eligible for PilotPak databases
*Databases included: world-wide basemap, world-wide obstacles, world-wide terrain, region-specific NavData, US SafeTaxi, US Airport Directory
- GTN 650
- GA 35 antenna
- Installation kit
- and a 6-MONTH Sarasota Avionics guarantee!