Avidyne's new, Premium IFD
Avidyne is renown in aviation circles for our innovative products and it's no secret that safety and ease of use are true hallmarks of all Avidyne products. With the new top-of-the line IFD550, Avidyne combines our latest in touchscreen, WAAS/SBAS GPS/VHF navigation and communication along with stunning 3D synthetic vision technology to deliver the most powerful and capable touch-screen, panel-mounted navigator ever made.
The IFD550 has all the features and functionality of the other IFD FMS systems, including Hybrid Touch, Page & Tab user interface, GeoFill automatic waypoint nomination, and easy Airway flight planning. The difference is an added integrated Attitude Reference System (ARS) that detects changes in pitch & roll. The IFD550 also provides stunning fullcolor, “exocentric” (in-trail) SVS.
3D Terrain & FLTA - Terrain Awareness (SVS-TA) is provided via hashed coloration of terrain. Textual and aural alerts are provided for terrain hazards. Forward Looking Terrain Alerting (FLTA) provides an extra measure of safety by displaying a solid yellow or red impact point based on projected flight path in the event that a collision with terrain is projected. FLTA also provides visual CAS messaging & aural alerting.
Airport Flags – Airfields are depicted with a METAR-style flag when in field of view. With valid METAR data from your datalink, airfield flags will be color-coded to represent the ceiling and visibility, consistent with the moving map presentation.
At the heart of the IFD550’s synthetic vision system, is Avidyne’s fully-integrated, next generation MEMS-Gyro ARS sensor that senses pitch & roll.
IFD550 with egocentric SynViz view of flight path.
IFD550 with exocentric SynViz view of your aircraft in relation to terrain and flight path.
3D traffic & Obstacles - Uses standard traffic symbology to indicate threat level by target size and relative altitude and bearing. Standard high, low and grouping symbology is used to clearly depict obstacles with color-coded threat bubbles based on hazard level.
- Display: 5.7" Diagonal w/Touch Screen, Full VGA - 640 x 480 pixels, 65,535 colors, Ultrabright sunlight readable w/LED Backlighting
- Dimensions: 6.30"W x 4.60"H x 11.00"D (16.0 x 11.7 x 27.5 cm) behind panel including connectors
- Weight (including tray & connectors): 9.19 lbs (4.17 kg)
Basic System includes:
- IFD550 GPS/NAV/COM/ARS (10W)*
- MK10 Keyboard
- WiFi/Bluetooth Activation
- FLTA/500' Activation
- Synthetic Vision Enablement
- Install kit, tray, backplate, and product information kit
*GPS antenna, if needed, is not included in price.
Additional Enablements & Options:
- RS170 video input, capable of displaying video from aircraft-mounted IR/EVS or other compatible sources.
- 16W VHF Activation
- Radar Enablement Activation