The System FiftyFiveX is a two-axis roll and pitch autopilot which includes heading mode, VOR/LOC/LOC back course intercept and tracking, a gain enhancement feature for tracking GPS Navigation analog left/right deviation signals, glide slope (GS) capture and track, vertical speed command for climb and descent control, altitude hold, pitch trim indicator, control wheel steering (CWS) and VOR/LOC/GS off course deviation warning.
Also includes a GPSS roll steering feature for use with GPS receivers that have compatible digital roll steering outputs. Options include S-TEC Autotrim, ST-645 Remote Annunciator, and ST-360 or SA-200 Altitude Selector / Alerter. Autotrim is not available on some aircraft models; check STC list for approvals.
The FiftyFiveX is also compatible with various heading systems, HSIs, and flight directors. Please contact us for compatibility information. The programmer computer is an integrated design into the aircraft radio stack and comes with an LCD display for greater contrast and improved readability. The System FiftyFiveX requires a compatible heading system, which is not included in the base price of the autopilot.
- Case contained, radio stack mount
- GPSS (GPS Roll Steering)
- Heading preselect & hold*
- Altitude hold with optional altitude trim
- Course intercept capability
- NAV mode
- Dual mode-HDG/NAV & HDG/APR
- VOR/LOC/GS/REV/GPS coupling with 3 gain levels
- Selectable coupling gains
- VOR/LOC/GS/REV/GPS course deviation and NAV flag warning
- Digital vertical speed command
- Pitch trim annunciation
- Control wheel steering
* Operational if heading system (e.g., DG with heading bug) is installed and active.
- DG/HSI compatible
- Single cue flight director interface compatible
- SA 200 Altitude Selector w/encoding altimeter
- ST-360 Altitude Selector/Alerter
- Remote annunciator
- Automatic or manual electric trim (where STC'd)
- Yaw Damper (where STC'd)
- System 55X Computer Programmer
- Turn coordinator
- Roll Servo
- Pitch Servo
- Pressure Transducer
- Cable Assemblies
- Installation/Hardware kit
- STC Documentation package