SkyView continues the Dynon tradition of technologically advanced GA aircraft with the next generation of glass panels, offering redundant networks and systems, incredibly bright screens, design flexibility, and future upgradability unsurpassed by anything else flying.
The SkyView displays are very bright, high-resolution screens driven by advanced graphics processors create highly visible and readable display, even in direct sunlight! They are the heart of the SkyView system, and contain the main control CPU, graphics processor, and terrain data-base. Both the 7" and 10" displays are identical in functionality, with the only difference being screen size.
SkyView Displays utilize TFT active matrix LCD screens and LED backlighting technology for increased life span, more uniform brightness, and reduced power consumption.
The SkyView System is designed for ease of use while flying. The most used functions are accessed via two rotary/multi-direction Joysticks, for fast intuitive commands. Almost all other in flight commands, using the widely spaced buttons, are only two button presses away. None or more than three button presses.
If two displays are in the system, either one can act as the Primary Flight Display, Moving Map, and Engine Monitor. The unlikely loss of either display will not affect the functionality of the other.
A system backup battery (purchased separately) will provide over an hour of backup power to a Display and Modules. Each Display requires its own Backup Battery for redundancy.
- Primary Flight Display
- Synthetic Vision
- Worldwide Terrain Database
- Customizable Displays
- Top Down Terrain
- LRU (Line Replaceable Unit) Architecture
- Redundant, Simplified Wiring
- Very Bright High-Resolution Screens, over 1200 Nits
- Dual Joystick Knobs
- Engine Monitor
- GPS Receiver (5 Hz)
- Battery Backup
- Navigation Mapping Software
- Autopilot Software
- Dimensions: 10.32"W x 7.06"H x 2.14"D
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- Resolution: 1024 x 600
- Brightness: 1350 nits
- Approx. current consumption at 12VDC (no backup battery): 3.5 amps
- Approx. current consumption at 12VDC (with backup battery): +1.5 amps additional during battery charging
- Approx. current consumption at 12VDC (no backup battery): 1.8 amps
- Approx. current consumption at 12VDC (with backup battery): +0.7 amps additional during battery charging
Each display contains:
1 - 37-Pin DIN Connector for the main wiring harness
2 - 9-Pin DIN Connector for the SkyView Networks
2 - USB Connectors
1 - Ethernet Connector (currently unused)
A main wiring harness is included with each display. It connects to the display via the D37 connector, with leads to connect to:
- Primary power
- USB Connector on a 3-foot lead
- 5 serial ports, including one for GPS NMEA input
- Audio output
- 4 Discrete general purpose inputs
- Panel dim input/output
- Battery backup connector