We designed the solid state KY 197A panel mounted VHF communications transceiver to simplify operational demands. With 25 kHz channeling, the KY 197A 118.00 MHz to 136.975 MHz range has 760 channels. It digitally displays active and standby frequencies at the same time in clear, distinct windows, so you can select standby frequency while monitoring the active frequency. Has a “flip-flop” frequency transfer to easily switch the active and standby frequencies.
Remotely call up and cycle through nine pilot-programmable channels from frequency storage in nonvolatile memory. The Erasable Read Only Memory (EEROM) devices that are used don’t require electrical power or batteries to store channels. 11 total channels with active and standby.
For European use, the KY 197A also has FM immune compliance for ICAO Annex 10. Includes audio leveling, which mutes frequencies that are too strong, amplifies those that are too weak. Easy to read as discharge display. Compact, space saving design.
14V operation only. 10-watt transmitter. TSOd.
- Weight: 2.8 lbs. (1.27 kg)
- Dimensions: 6.31"W x 1.35"H x 10.78"L (16.03 cm x 3.43 cm x 27.37 cm)
- TSO (Transmitter): C37c, Class 4
- TSO (Receiver): C38c, Class A
- Frequency Range: 118.000 MHz to 136.975 MHz in 25 kHz increments
- Rating Power: 14 VDC at 1.0 A (receive), 6.0 A (transmit)
- Rating Temp: -20°C to +55°C
- Duty Cycle: 1 minute on, 4 minutes off
- Output Rated: 10 W minimum