The A25 series is a powerful air band handheld with 6 watts of power and an IP57 waterproof rating; weather cannot stop these radios. The handheld includes a large 2350mAh Li-ion battery, providing a long operating time. The easy-to-use interface and large 2.3-inch LCD display combine to provide stress-free programming and in-flight operation. Built-in Bluetooth®, GPS and VOR navigation are available in the A25N NAV/COM version.
Large easy to use LCD
The A25’s large 2.3-inch LCD provides user-friendly, graphic screens. The day mode allows pilots to view the screen in direct sunlight and the night mode makes it easy to read in the dark.
Class-Leading High Power RF Output
Output power is increased to approximately 6 W typical (PEP) and 1.8 W typical (carrier) compared to the IC-A24 (5/1.5 W (PEP/carrier)). This expands the communication coverage and enhances the safety of aircraft operation.
Often used functions are assigned to the 10 keypad and you can directly access a desired function. The enlarged flat sheet keypad offers smooth and swift operation.
"Flip-Flop" Channel Recall
The IC-A25N/C stores the last 10 channels used. You can easily recall those channels by using the directional keys or the channel knob on the top panel. This is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels.
Intelligent Battery with Detailed Battery Status
The supplied BP-288, 2350 mAh (typical) intelligent battery pack, provides up to 10.5 hours* of operating time. You can check the condition of the battery pack in the battery status screen. It is very useful for optimum charging and battery health maintenance.
*Typical operation with Tx: Rx (Max.audio): standby=5:5:90.
- "Flip-flop" channel recall
- Smart battery with detailed battery status
- 121.5MHz emergency key
- Weather channels
- Priority watch
- VFO scan, memory-channel scan, priority scan
- IP57 dust-protection and waterproof construction
- Operate with six AA size alkaline batteries with the BP-289 battery case
- BNC Antenna
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction
- Side tone function
- Internal VOX capability
- 300 memory channels (in 15 memory groups) with 12 character names
- 8.33kHz channel spacing
- Frequency Coverage (Tx): 118.000-136.975 MHz [Tx], 118.000-136.975 MHz [Rx], 161.650-163.275 MHz [Rx Weather]
- Channel spacing: 25/8.33 kHz
- Type of emission: 6K00A3E, 5K60A3E, 16K0G3E (Weather)
- Power supply requirement: 7.2 V DC (BP-288), 11.0 V DC (External DC Jack)
- Current drain (approximately): Tx High: Less than 1.8 A, Rx Max. audio/Stand-by: Less than 500 mA/90 mA typ.
- Antenna impedance: 50 Ω
- Operating Temperature Range: –10°C to +60°C; 14°F to 140°F
- Dimensions (projections not included): 2.3"W × 5.8"H × 1.3"D [58.9 × 148.4 × 31.8 mm]
- Weight (approximately): 340 g; 12.0 oz (with BP-288)
- Antenna, FA-B02AR
- Alkaline battery case, BP-289
- Belt clip, MB-133
- BC-224 Rapid Charger
- BC-123SA AC adapter
- Headset adapter, OPC-2379
- Hand strap