GFC 600 Now Available for King Air 200
Garmin is pleased to announce that they have received FAA STC approval for the GFC 600 digital autopilot in select Beechcraft King Air 200 aircraft.
The GFC 600 autopilot kits for the King Air 200 are now available to order.
The GFC 600 delivers superior in-flight characteristics and operational capabilities such as autopilot-coupled descent-only Vertical Navigation (VNAV)1, Electronic Stability Protection, underspeed and overspeed protection, coupled approaches, coupled go-arounds and more.
As a standard feature, pilots receive Garmin Electronic Stability and Protection (ESP™) with the GFC 600 digital autopilot, which works to assist the pilot in maintaining the aircraft in a stable flight condition. ESP functions independently of the autopilot and works in the background when the pilot is hand-flying the aircraft to help avoid inadvertent flight attitudes or bank angles and to help provide airspeed protection.
Additional autopilot capabilities of the GFC 600 include:
- Traditional autopilot functions with modern capabilities such as altitude pre-select and indicated airspeed hold mode;
- Pilots can select, couple to, and fly various instrument approaches, including GPS, ILS, VOR, LOC and back course approaches;
- Emergency Descent Mode2 can be enabled by the autopilot in the event of a loss of aircraft pressurization.
- Underspeed protection helps prevent the aircraft from entering a stall condition;
- Overspeed protection helps prevent the aircraft from exceeding aircraft maximum speed (VMO);
- Yaw Dampening (YD) mode minimizes yawing oscillations while also helping to maintain coordinated flight by working to keep the slip/skid indicator centered;
- Flight Director command bars are displayed on the G600 or G600 TXi flight display;
- Pilots can fly coupled ‘go-arounds’ during missed approach sequencing. A remotely-installed go-around button commands the Flight Director to display the appropriate pitch attitude required for the missed approach procedure and activates a loaded missed approach;
- Pitch-trim servo provides automatic trim and manual electric trim with improved speed scheduling; and
- Control wheel steering is included. When the autopilot is engaged, this can allow the pilot to adjust pitch, roll, altitude hold, vertical speed or airspeed references using the control yoke.
1 Requires GTN or GTN Xi
2 Requires G600 TXi PFD with Garmin Air Data Module
This installation requires a Garmin G600 or G600 TXi to be installed in the aircraft. G600 TXi also requires software version 3.50 which is currently available on the DRC. Please see the table below for aircraft approved under this amendment.
one month ago