New D2 Pocket Panel, Reduced Price on D1
Wi-Fi connectivity allows attitude and GPS ground speed, altitude, G's, and ground track to be sent from the D2 in real-time to aviation applications, which can then show that data on a flight information display. Compatible applications include the WingX Pro7, AOPA FlyQ, BendixKing myWingMan, iHUD Remote, and Air Navigation Pro.
The D2's second page G-Meter shows a graphical round dial with the current load factor shown by a needle, plus it records the minimum and maximum G's since being last reset by the pilot.
So how do the D1 and D2 differ for some other "attitude" tablet products on the market? Both utilize Dynon MEMS-based AHRS technology, and both are true artificial horizons with accurate pitch and roll. This means they can find the horizon even if turned on in flight. The AHRS sensors also drive a turn rate indicator and slip/skid ball. Included is an internal GPS receiver to display GPS ground speed, altitude, vertical speed, and ground track.
The accessories included with the D2 are the same as the D1, including an AC power adapter, a DC vehicle power adaptor, a RAM® suction cup mount, 3 ?" portable "pinch" mount, internal Li-Ion battery, and external GPS antenna.
- Proven Dynon MEMS-based attitude sensors
- Accurate pitch and roll: A true artificial horizon
- Internal Li-Ion battery and GPS for hours of portable use
- Versatile portable mounts: RAM suction mount and 3 ?" panel hole "pinch" mount both included
- GPS ground speed and track (heading)
- GPS altitude and vertical speed
- Turn rate
- Slip/skid ball
- Dimmable screen for night flight
- Truly pocket sized, approx. 3½" x 3¼" x 1"
- WiFi connectivity
- G-Meter Page