Garmin Annouces G1000 NXi Upgrade for Dasher Kodiak 100
G1000® NXi Upgrade Available for Daher Kodiak 100
Garmin is pleased to announce that the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck, successor to the ever-popular G1000® flight deck, will soon be available to the Garmin dealer network as a retrofit for WAAS-capable Kodiak 100 models equipped with G1000. Boasting a modernized flight display design with significant performance enhancements, G1000 NXi incorporates innovative capabilities into a state-of-the-art avionics platform. This G1000 NXi upgrade offers features such as SurfaceWatch™ technology, visual approaches, geographical map overlay within the HSI, wireless cockpit connectivity with the Flight Stream 510, and more.
G1000 NXi Features for Kodiak 100
In addition to state-of-the-art processors for faster map rendering and smoother panning, and LED back-lighting for increased display brightness and clarity, the G1000 NXi upgrade provides a comprehensive feature set and includes new and advanced capabilities.
- SurfaceWatch Runway Monitoring Technology – optional enablement that provides visual and aural cues to help prevent pilots from taking off or landing on a taxiway, on a runway that is too short, or on the wrong runway, based on performance data entered by the pilot during preflight.
- GWX™ 75 Weather Radar – optional weather radar equipment that features high-definition color palette with up to 4 times more colors than traditional radars.
- FIS-B Weather and Traffic – with the GTX™ 345R Transponder included with this upgrade, the G1000 NXi system supports the display of various ADS-B “In” benefits.
- Visual Approaches – offers pilots enhanced guidance in visual flight conditions based on a three-degree glideslope from the threshold of the runway. Pilots can set customized minimums, select vectors, or straightin for the approach intercept and fly a Visual Approach coupled with the autopilot.
- Geographical Map Overlay with the HSI – supports the display of NEXRAD, FIS-B weather, weather radar, SafeTaxi® airport diagrams, traffic, terrain, and more.
- Flight Stream 510 and Connext® Technology - enables Database Concierge (the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot™ app on a mobile device) to the G1000 NXi. Flight Stream 510 also supports two-way flight plan transfer, the sharing of traffic, weather, GPS information, back-up attitude information and more.
- Split-screen Functionality – allows pilots to view flight plans, charts, and more simultaneously.
- European Visual Reporting Points – standard within the navigation database, pilots can optionallyoverlay VRPs on the moving map.
- Charts – displays sectional charts, as well as IFR low/high enroute charts on the MFD.
- Smart Airspace – highlights the airspace nearest the aircraft’s current altitude.
- COM Frequencies – frequencies are decoded and displayed on the PFD for easier interpretation.
- Decoded TAFs – Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts can be viewed on the MFD.
2 months ago