G1000® NXi Upgrade Available for Piper PA-46-500TP Meridian
Garmin is pleased to announce that the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck, successor to the ever-popular G1000® flight deck, is approved for the Piper PA-46-500TP Meridian. Boasting a modernized flight display design with significant performance enhancements, G1000 NXi incorporates innovative capabilities into a state-of-the-art avionics platform. This G1000 NXi upgrade provides standard features such as SurfaceWatch™ technology, Visual Approaches, geographical map overlay within the HSI, wireless cockpit connectivity, and more.
G1000 NXi Features for Piper Meridian
In addition to state-of-the-art processors for faster map rendering and smoother panning, and LED back-lighting for increased display brightness and clarity, the G1000 NXi upgrade provides a comprehensive feature set and includes new and advanced capabilities.
- SurfaceWatch Runway Monitoring Technology- provides visual and aural cues to help prevent pilots from taking off or landing on a taxiway, on a runway that is too short, or on the wrong runway, based on performance data entered during preflight.
- FIS-B Weather and Traffic Included- with the GTX™ 345R Transponder required with this upgrade, the G1000 NXi system supports the display of various ADS-B “In” benefits.
- Visual Approaches- offers pilots enhanced guidance in visual flight conditions based on a three-degree glideslope from the threshold of the runway. Pilots can set customized minimums, select vectors, or straight-in for the final approach intercept and fly a Visual Approach coupled with the autopilot.
- Geographical Map Overlay with the HSI- supports the display of NEXRAD, FIS-B weather, weather radar, SafeTaxi® airport diagrams, traffic, terrain, and more.
- Flight Stream 510 and Connext® Technology-enables Database Concierge (the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot™ app on a mobile device) to the G1000 NXi. Flight Stream 510 also supports two-way flight plan transfer, the sharing of traffic, weather, GPS information, back-up attitude information and more.
- Split-screen Functionality- allows pilots to view flight plans, charts, and more simultaneously
- European Visual Reporting Points- standard within the navigation database, pilots can optionally overlay VRPs on the moving map.
- Charts- displays sectional charts, as well as IFR low/high enroute charts on the MFD.
- Smart Airspace- highlights the airspace nearest the aircraft’s current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace
- COM Frequencies-frequencies are decoded and displayed on the PFD for easier interpretation
- Decoded TAFs- Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts can be viewed on the MFD.
- Advanced Audio-an optional audio panel upgrade offers advanced features such as 3D Audio, auto squelch, and Bluetooth® connectivity.