Dynon's New D3 Pocket Panel Now Shipping
The latest edition of Dynon’s popular portable EFIS line - the D3 Pocket Panel - lets pilots supplement their unreliable legacy instrumentation with an affordable, portable electronic attitude indicator that works. Featuring a new synthetic vision display, improved brightness, an intuitive touchscreen interface, and an even lower price point, the D3 is the most advanced portable safety device Dynon has ever made. The D3 features the same reliable, proven AHRS engine that Dynon uses in its panel-mounted products for experimental, light sport, and type certificated aircraft. The D3 comes with a complete set of accessories, including home and airplane chargers, an optional external GPS antenna, and two unique mounting options. Both the included cockpit mounting options require no tools, allowing the D3 to be deployed in any aircraft with no FAA approval.
True EFIS Attitude in a Portable Package
- Proven Dynon MEMS-based attitude sensors
- Accurate pitch and roll: A true artificial horizon
Portable Mounting Options Included, Suction Cup or Clip Mount
- No installation costs!
- Versatile portable mounts: RAM suction mount and 3-1/8" panel hole "pinch" mount both included
- Internal Li-Ion battery for hours of portable use
- DC and AC power adaptors included
- Truly pocket sized, approx. 3½" x 3¼" x 1"
- Second page displays current load factor
- Records minimum and maximum Gs since last pilot reset
True Attitude plus GPS Flight Data
- GPS ground speed and track (heading)
- GPS altitude and vertical speed
- Turn rate
- Slip/skid ball
- Dimmable screen for night flight
INCLUDES ALL MOUNTS AND ACCESSORIES:
The D3 comes with two portable mounting options, no tools required. Because it does not require modification to the aircraft's design, no regulatory approval is required to use a D3 Pocket Panel in any aircraft. The first mount included is a RAM® suction cup mount. The second is a 3-1/8" portable "pinch" mount that allows the D3 to be easily mounted in an empty existing instrument panel hole without any fasteners.
- AC Wall Charger
- DC Vehicle Charger
- Charging Cable
- Mounting Cradles (two included)
- RAM® Portable Suction Cup Mount
- Portable "Pinch" Mount for Standard 3-1/8” Instrument Hole
- External GPS Antenna (not required in many cockpits)