The next-generation Genesys Aerosystems S-TEC 3100 Digital Flight Control System (DFCS) is a fully-featured, attitude-based autopilot that gives you a list of workload-reducing and safety-enhancing capabilities that were previously unavailable on aftermarket autopilots. Compatible with advanced digital sources & EFIS displays from Garmin, Aspen, and others, the S-TEC 3100 delivers unmatched features and benefits:
Digital Attitude Based Autopilot
Unlike traditional legacy autopilots that rely on roll information from a turn coordinator, and pitch information from a pressure transducer, the 3100 makes precise corrections based on very accurate AHRS data. This is most evident on windy days where the wind isn’t blowing perfectly down the runway. On approach, a legacy analog autopilot might hunt for the localizer or final approach course line, while the digital 3100 holds the course line like it’s locked into a tractor beam.
The S-TEC 3100 is a 3-Axis (2-Axis available on some models) Digital Flight Control System, with standard Automatic Pitch Trim. Whether you have advanced glass EFIS displays or the traditional 6-pack steam gauges, the S-TEC 3100 supports a wide variety of cockpit setups. An AHRS is built into the S-TEC 3100 and is utilized to drive the precise movements of the servos in aircraft lacking a digital EFIS display.
*New with Version 1.4 - Advanced Autopilot integration with the Aspen MAX. This new integration allows for modes, annunciations, and target control on the Aspen MAX display. An unlock may be required by Aspen. Contact Aspen for details.
Straight and Level Recovery
Should you inadvertently enter into an unusual attitude situation, the S-TEC 3100’s Straight and Level button (LVL), delivers fast and simple automatic recovery to level flight from an unusual attitude no matter what the visibility. Once engaged, Straight and Level instantaneously overrides previous autopilot inputs to safely return and hold your aircraft at a neutral attitude while you get things sorted out.
Loss of control is one of the largest contributors to general aviation accidents. The S-TEC 3100 DFCS helps minimize the chance of entering into an inadvertent stall, unusual attitude, over-speeds or excessive banking situation caused by aggressive autopilot inputs. For example, should your aircraft approach a stall while the S-TEC 3100 is engaged, the system will automatically alter the maximum pitch angle necessary to quickly return the aircraft to a safe speed. In addition, visual and aural annunciations will alert you to the situation.
Enroute GPS VNAV
When paired to an approved GPS and EFIS, the S-TEC 3100 can follow the step down enroute vertical guidance from the GPS. This new feature is particularly useful when following Standard Terminal Arrival Routes (STARs). For full details and a list of compatible EFIS/GPS combinations, visit genesys-aerosystems.com.
System 30 Features & Functions:
- Precise, digital flight control for every phase of flight
- 2-axis (3-axis option on some models)
- Automatic Trim included
- Envelope Protection/Alerting*
- Straight and Level Recovery
- Precision Approaches/Missed Approaches
- Indicated Airspeed Hold*
- Altitude Preselect*
- And much more!
*Additional equipment may be required in some configurations
- Aviat A-1C-180, & A-1C-200 (serial number 3301 and above)
- Beechcraft Bonanza 35*, A35*, B35*, C35*, D35*, E35*, F35, G35*, H35, J35, K35, M35, N35, P35, S35, V35, V35A, V35B, 36, A36, A36TC & B36TC
- Beechcraft Baron/TravelAir 95-55, 95-A55, 95-B55, 95-B55A, 95-B55B, 95-C55, 95-C55A, D55, D55A, E55, E55A, 56TC, A56TC, 58, 58A, 58P, 58PA, 58TC, 58TCA, 95, B95, B95A, D95A, E95
- Beechcraft King Air 65-90, 65-A90, 65-109-1, 65-A90-4, B90, C90, C90A, C90GT, E90, F90, H90,100, A100, A100A, A100-1, B100, 200, 200C, 200T, A200, A200CT (excluding serial number FE-1 and above), B200, B200C, B200CT, and B200T
- Beechcraft 1900, 1900C, & 1900C (C-12J)*
- Cessna 177, 177A, 177B, 177RG & F177RG
- Cessna 182D through 182T, F182P, F182Q, R182, T182, T182T, TR182, & FR182
- Cessna 210, 210A, 210B, 210C, 210D, 210E, 210F, T210F, 210G, T210G, 210H, T210H, 210J, T210J, 210K, T210K, 210L, T210L, 210M, T210M, 210N, T210N, 210R, T210R, P210N, & P210R
- Cessna T303, 310D through 310R, T310P, T310Q, T310R, 320B through F, 335, 340, & 340A
- Cessna 414, 414A, 421, 421A, 421B, 421C, & 425
- de Havilland Canada/Viking Air DHC-6-100, DHC-6-200, DHC-6-300
- Pilatus PC-6/B1-H2*, PC-6/B2-H2*, PC-6/B2-H4*, PC-6/B-H2*, PC-6/C-H2*
- Piper PA-24-180*, PA-24-250*, PA-24-260*, PA-24-400*
- Piper PA-31, PA-31-300, PA-31-325, PA-31-350, PA-31P-350, PA-31P, PA-31T, PA-31-T1, PA-31-T2
- Piper PA-32-260, PA-32-300, PA-32R-300, PA-32RT-300, PA-32RT-300T, PA-32-301, PA-32-301T, PA-32-301FT, PA-32-301XTC, PA-32R-301, & PA-32R-301T
- Piper PA-46-310P, PA-46-350P, PA-46-500TP, & PA-46R-350T
- Piper Aerostar PA-60-600, PA-60-601, PA-60-601P, & PA-60-602P
- Twin Commander 695, 695A, 690, 690A, 690B, 690C, 690D, 680D, 680W, 681, 500,500-A, 500-B, 500-S, 500-U, 560A, 560E, & 560F