Today's Garmin® GNC® 300XL TSO takes its place with other navigation and communication pioneers, combining a powerful 12 parallel channel receiver with a 760 channel VHF transceiver with a C129a, A1 IFR certified moving map GPS/comm. This marries two of Garmin's product development strengths: crisp, high-detail moving map technology and Garmin's legacy of proven, approach-certified IFR GPS receivers.
The GNC 300XL TSO's Moving Map is exceptionally sharp, with the familiar yellow-on-black DSTN (doublesuper twist nematic) LCD display that won rave reviews in the VFR-only GPS 150XL and GNC 250XL. Individual pixels in these displays are transparent to the viewer, and SUAs actually appear as curved rings, with easily distinguishable alphanumeric characters and a high-resolution display that's readable from every angle in all lighting conditions. A photocell in the display automatically controls the intensity of the backlight and will reverse the display from black-on-yellow to yellow-on-black for maximum contrast in daylight or nighttime viewing. Aviators can also choose to make these adjustments manually depending on their individual preferences.
- Unit Size: 6.25 x 5.64 x 2 inches (159 x 143 x 51 mm)
- Rack Size: 6.32 x 6.79 x 2 inches (161 x 172 x 51 mm)
- Unit Weight: 2.55 lbs. or 1.16 kg
- Rack Weight: .83 lbs. (0.38 kg)
- Display: 80 x 240 double super twist neumatic with six times the contrast of typical DSTN displays. Automatic contrast adjustment with reverse mode for exceptional readability in direct sunlight or at night.
- Source: 10-15 Vdc, rechargeable battery, 115 Volt with optional wall adapter for GPS simulator operation
- Battery Life : Up to 2 hours with screen time out enabled
- Data Storage : Internal battery retains stored data up to 5 years