Part of the Garmin Connext™ family of flight connectivity solutions, the Flight Stream 110/210 is a small wireless gateway that is easily installed in your aircraft, enabling a combination of up to 2 compatible tablets or phones to stream information to and from your avionics system via Bluetooth®. The Flight Stream 110 offers GPS, attitude, weather and traffic streaming from the GDL 88 ADS-B datalink and GDL 69 SiriusXM™ datalink, while the Flight Stream 210 adds the capability for flight plan syncing with the GTN 750/650 series and GNS 430W/530W series navigators as well as the ability to display attitude information using an on-board AHRS¹.
As a result, you’re able to use your mobile device’s touchscreen as a true cockpit interface – capable of transferring flight plans, streaming high quality GPS and AHRS attitude information to Garmin Pilot’s 3-D synthetic vision display, graphically depicting subscription-free weather and traffic with our patent-pending TargetTrend™ traffic and SURF technology display, controlling your SiriusXM system’s audio entertainment channels and much more¹.
It's All About Simplifying Your Flying
With the wireless mobility supported by your Flight Stream 210, you’ll enjoy more freedom and flexibility in everything from preflight preparations to inflight cockpit management. For example, instead of sitting in a too hot or too cold aircraft to manually enter all flight plan and waypoint information into your GTN or GNS prior to takeoff, simply use the flight plan that you’ve already created and filed during your pre-flight planning using Garmin Pilot – whenever and wherever it’s convenient – and then wirelessly upload it all to your avionics within moments of arriving at the flight line. You save time. You stay comfortable. And you get airborne more quickly, thanks to the upload-and-go convenience of your Flight Stream wireless link.
Wireless Syncing, Brilliant Thinking
Once you’re off and flying, the Flight Stream 110/210 lets you use your iPad, select Android tablet or phone to wirelessly access information from your avionics. So, you can enhance the tablet’s map and flight displays with graphical weather, traffic, GPS position reference, AHRS for backup attitude and 3-D synthetic vision displays – using all of the avionics you’ve already invested in and reducing clutter from individual portable solutions¹. What’s more with the Flight Stream 210, keeping flight plans in sync between your tablet and your avionics is a cinch: Enter the waypoints, airways or airports on one device, and with a tap or two, your entries are automatically transferred to the other. So, there’s no duplication of effort on your part when it comes to keeping everything in sync.
Get the Most from Your Avionics
When pairing a GNS 430W/530W series naviagator and either a GDL 88 ADS-B datalink or GDL 69 SiriusXM datalink — adding a Flight Stream is an easy way to see all of the weather benefits on a higher resolution display which can include: animated NEXRAD imagery, METARs, TAFs, winds and temperatures aloft, PIREPs, NOTAMs and much more. Even better, use the GDL 88 ADS-B datalink to meet U.S. ADS-B equipage requirements for December 31, 2019 and pair it with a Flight Stream to receive all of the ADS-B traffic and weather benefits right on your iPad using Garmin Pilot.
Take Action Against Distractions
On a Sirius note, if your aircraft also has a GDL 69/A SiriusXM datalink on its equipment list, you can use the Flight Stream 110/210’s Bluetooth connectivity to let your iPad or a passenger’s iPhone® double as a wireless remote for your SiriusXM satellite audio system. That way, you can access more of the safety-enhancing information you really want to see in the cockpit — while utilizing the same technology to minimize distracting interruptions from your channel-surfing audiophiles in the passenger seats.
That’s the beauty of wireless workload reduction — made possible by the Garmin Flight Stream 110/210.
¹Capabilities such as GPS, attitude, weather, traffic and flight plan transfer, SiriusXM weather and audio control are limited to the version of Flight Stream and the avionics installed in the aircraft. Check the compatibility table for complete details.
- Simplifies and streamlines your cockpit management
- Works with the Garmin Pilot™ app on your compatible Apple® device and select Android™ tablets or phones
- Enables traffic and weather from your avionics to be viewed within Garmin Pilot on your tablet
- Easily load flight plans – including airways – from Garmin Pilot to your GTN™ 750/650 series or GNS 430W/530W series navigator (Flight Stream 210 only)
- Provides rock-solid GPS location and AHRS attitude information to your tablet’s Garmin Pilot navigation display
- Dimensions: 2.74"W x 0.92"H x 3.93"L (7.0 x 2.3 x 10.0 cm)
- Weight: 0.156 lbs (0.07 kg), excluding connector kit; 0.27 lbs (0.12 kg), including connector kit
- Operating temperature range: -20° C to +70° C
- Input voltage range: 9.5 to 33.0 VDC
- Software compliance: RTCA DO-178B Level E
- Environmental compliance: RTCA DO-160F
- TSO compliance: TSO-C157, DO-267A
- Bluetooth® Specifications: Version 4.0, Class 2, Transmitter power: 4 dBm (2.5 mW), Effective unimpeded range: 33 ft (10 m)
- Power Specifications: Max current @ 28 VDC: 50 mA, Max current @ 14 VDC: 100 mA