For critical flight regimes, the RA-4500 Radar Altimeter (TSO and ETSO approved) provides today's flight crews with dependable, highly accurate and economical above-ground-level (AGL) information. This real-time system enhances operational safety during approaches, night time operations, and hazardous flight above rough terrain.
The RA-4500 is especially valuable when flying search and rescue missions, forestry operations, pipeline maintenance, off shore helicopter ops, aero-medical emergency services, border patrol, and electronic news gathering operations. The RA-4500 Radar Altimeter is designed to be easily integrated with electronic flight information systems (EFIS), flight director systems, and terrain awareness and warning systems (TAWS), possessing serial inputs.
Proven and precise, the RA-4500 offers improved situational awareness for a broad range of fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Designed for applications where accuracy is needed down to zero feet, such as helicopter and seaplane operations, the RA-4500 provides precise AGL information from 2000 feet down to ground level.
- ARINC 429 interface
- Meets Precision Equipment output specification of TSO-C87
- Software zero calibration
- Dual antennas for increased accuracy
- Lightweight, easy to install
- Flexible in aircraft placement
- Compatible with the RAD-40 Display
INTERFACE (INPUT/OUTPUT SUMMARY)
- Altitude Range: -20 to 2500 ft.
- Power Requirements: 20 - 36 VDC; 400 mA MAX @ 28 VDC
- Environmental: -67°F to +158°F (-55°C to 70°C)
- Alt: 50,000 ft. (15,200 m)
- Size (HxWxL): 3.06 x 3.15 x 6.78 in. (7.8 x 8.0 x 17.2 cm)
- Weight: Unit: 1.9 lbs. (0.86 kg)
- Ant. (2): 0.37 lbs. (0.17 kg)
- Antenna(s): Dual; response angles up to ±20° pitch, ±30° roll
- Transmitter Power: 100 mW minimum out of transmitter
- Frequency: Frequency modulated continuous wave 4.3-GHz center frequency sweep, 4.25 to 4.35 GHz
- Update Rate: 25 times/sec.
- Altitude Accuracy: 0 to 100 ft. ±3 ft., 100 to 500 ft. ±3%, 500 to 2500 ft. ±5%
- Display Disable: Strut switch inputs
- Self-test: Power-on self test and recurring built-in test
- Inputs: Strut Switch
- Outputs: ARINC 429, RS-232C, RS-485/422, Optional ARINC 552 Analog
- FAA Authorization: TSO-C87 Precision Equipment
- EASA Authorization: ETSO-2C87
- Environmental: DO-160E
- Software: DO-178B, Level C
- RA4500 Sensor Receiver (p/n 84560-12-300A)
- RA4000/4500 Series Install Kit (p/n 84933-00)
- Tray, Mounting Assembly; RA4000/4500 (p/n 84947-00)
- Operator / Installation Manual, RA4000/4500 (p/n 84629)
- RAD-40 (with install kit and manual)
- FTG-410 Tone Generator (with install kit and manual)