The KTX2 is a highly efficient Mode-S transponder offering the lowest possible power consumption, smallest dimensions, and lightest weight. As a Class 1 Transponder with an operational range up to 35,000ft and 250kt, the KTX2 is ideal not only for microlight aircraft and gliders, but also for a major part of aircraft of general aviation up to 12,500 lbs MTOW (VFR and IFR). PLAY SAFE – with the innovative model S KTX2 transponder from TQ-Avionics The fully re-engineered KTX2 is a super light weight, compact model S transponder with low current consumption and a premium TFT-colour display. Regardless of whether it is used in sport, microlight aircraft, gliders or balloons - the KTX2 offers maximum possible safety due to provision of precise position and ID-data for the air traffic control and other air traffic participants. As a result, the KTX2 is a reliable device to prevent collisions.
Advantages at a glance
- Sensational low weight of only 360 grams (0.79lb) - ideal not only for gliders and microlight aircraft
- Smallest dimensions - for an easy and flexible installation
- Minimal current consumption - ideal for battery-operation in gliders and balloons
- Large, high-contrast, durable TFT colour display for best readability even under direct sunlight
- Intuitive handling - developed from pilots for pilots
- Excellent cost-to-performance ratio
- Easy, flexible installation
The KTX2 is available in three models. Beside the standard version for installation in a Ø57mm (2¼“) round slot, there is also a 'mini'-version (which will be certified shortly) in landscape or portrait shaped housing. Due to a housing length of only 144mm (5-2/3”) the transponder can easily be installed in cockpits where there is limited space. For mobile use, e.g. on balloons, the KTX2 is available as a portable station - ideally in combination with the Dittel KRT2 radio transceiver in the same design.
Future proof features
The housing of the KTX2 is full of the finest technology:
- Built-in high-precision, temperature compensated altitude encoder to connect to the static port
- The hardware of the KTX2 is designed to deliver precise position data (extended squitter) for ADS-B.
- Via the RS232 interface, an appropriate GPS receiver can be connected (supplemental ETSO-C166b certification in preparation)
- Possibility of firmware upgrades