Trig’s TT31 transponder is the perfect retro-fitfor popular Bendix King KT76A and KT78A transponders. The TT31 is a certifiedClass 1 Mode S transponder which will ‘plug and play’ straight into theexisting Bendix King tray. It is now possible to install the TT31 and configureADS-B Out using the original tray. This significantly reduces both installationtime and cost. It provides pilots with class leading Mode S technology that is1090ES ADS-B Out capable.
Our exciting FAA ADS-B STC program providesaircraft owners with a highly cost effective way to become ADS-B complaint,using existing panel mounted WAAS GPS equipment or a blind WAAS GPS device. OurSTC covers 650 general aviation aircraft, compatible with popular WAAS GPS equipmentthat includes; popular Garmin GTN and GNS navigators, Trig TN70, FreeFlight1201 and NexNav Mini units.
The TT31 is the most power efficient transponder available today; it’seasy to use and operate, with a clear bright display and simple user interface.Features include a flight timer, stop watch and altitude monitor to alert youof a deviation from your selected altitude. In the U.S. the TT31 includes data linksupport for TIS traffic uplinked from approach radars. TIS traffic can bedisplayed on a variety of cockpit displays, and coverage includes most USterminal areas.
Mode A and Ctransponders are now being replaced by Mode S. This advanced technology isoptimised for tomorrow’s airspace requirements. By 2020 all pilots in U.S. controlledairspace will require a certified ADS-B Out capability. The advent of ADS-Btechnology now means the modern transponder has become the heart of futureairspace compliance requirements. Here the TT31 remains the transponder ofchoice. The TT31 is certified to TSO C166b the latest FAA standard for the 2020ADS-B mandate and demonstrates Trig’s advanced levels of compliance.
Pilotscan buy the TT31 with confidence. With a certified WAASGPS and a ground air determination device the TT31 forms the ideal hub of your future2020 ADS-B solution today. In fact it’s worth remembering that to receive allADS-B In transmissions the FAA requires a functioning certified ADS-B Outdevice, so don’t miss out on airspace information by not fitting a Trigunit.
TheTT31 uses half the electrical power of the leading competitor transponder,whilst still transmitting at a higher signal power, its efficient designreduces waste heat in the avionics stack and reduces the load on the aircraftelectrical system improving overall reliability. The flexible power input meansthat both 14 and 28 volt systems can be used without special configuration ordropper resistors (werecommend that any dropper resistor fitted for a previous transponder shouldalways be removed). The TT31 is compatible with both parallel and serialaltitude encoders; it can even act as a serial altitude repeater to provide aconvenient altitude source for your GPS.
All Trig products come with a two yearwarranty, supported by a network of Approved Trig Dealers. Our U.S. ApprovedTrig Service Center is based at Mid Continent Instruments and Avionics.
- Retrofit – ‘plug and play’ installation for KT6A and KT78A transponders
- Certified Mode S and 1090ES ADS-B Out capable
- ADS-B STC available - compatible with various navigators including Garmin 400W and 500W series
- Lowest power consumption in class
- 240 watts nominal output
- Great functionality and performance
- TIS traffic capabilities
- Backlit LCD display
- No cavity tube – no warm up time required
- No need for dropper resistors
- Certified to FAA TSO C166b as a 2020 ‘mandate ready’ solution (Trig tray required)
- Unbeatable value and quality - designed and manufactured in the U.K.
- Two year worldwide warranty
- Type: Class 1 Mode S Level 2 els
- Certification: ETSO C166A, 2C112B and TSO C112, C166b
- Compliance: ED-73B, DO-160E, DO-178B Level B, DO181C, DO-260B Class B1S, DO-254 Level C
- Supply Voltage (DC): 11 – 33 V
- Typical Current Consumption (at 14V): Idle: 0.22 A, Active: 0.45 A
- Nominal Transmitter Power: 240 W at connector
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to + 70°C
- Cooling Requirement: No fan required
- Weight: 1.35 kg
- Dimensions (in tray): 40 x 160 x 239 mm (H x W x L)