TAS-A Sets a New Standard
Traffic Advisory Systems (TAS), which are based on the technology originally developed for air-transport category traffic alert and collision avoidance systems (TCAS), have been available for general aviation aircraft for several years, but have been cost-prohibitive for many owner-flown aircraft. Until now.
With the new dual-antenna TAS-A Series, Avidyne offers three different TAS systems, tailored for the type of aircraft you fly. These feature-rich, value-priced TAS systems are fully TSO certified, surpassing the performance capabilities of many higher-cost traffic systems and setting a new standard for active-surveillance traffic capability and affordability.
Dual Antennas simply perform better
Avidyne's dual-antenna TAS-A Systems detect other aircraft sooner and more accurately, so you avoid surprises due to the shadowing effects inherent with single-antenna systems. Using top and bottom directional antennas, TAS-A systems actively interrogate other aircraft, providing timely audible and visual alerts with the precise location of conflicting traffic. The dual-antenna TAS-A Series provides full-time protection and higher performance. Because when it comes to safety, you want to see the whole picture.
View TAS-A traffic on virtually any display
The dual-antenna TAS-A systems provide traffic advisories on the displays of more than 15 manufacturers, inculding Avidyne's Entegra, MHD and EX-Series MFDs, Garmin G1000 and 400/500-Series, Honeywell KMD250/550/850, Sandel, Chelton, Avalex, and many more.
- Altitude Limit: 55,000
- ARINC 429 Heading Input*
- Max Number of Targets Displayed: 30
- Number of Targets Tracked: 50
- Active Interrogation
- Voice Annunciation
- Heads-Up Audible Positioning Alerting™
- Target Bearing Annunciation
- Target Relative Alt Annunciation
- Target Range Annunciation
- Top and Bottom Directional Antennas
- ARINC 429 Display Interface
- RS232 Display Interface
- Yoke Mount Mute Option
- N-Number Display Capability
- Target Aircraft Squawk Code
- Ground Mode
- Weight On Wheels
*Heading input permits rapid repositioning of targets during high-rate turns, providing optimal performance for helicopter operations.
- Dimensions [Processor]: Width: 7.25"W x 3.10"H x 11.68"D (184 x 79 x 297 mm)
- Weight [Antenna]: 6.8 lbs (3.08 kg)
- Dimensions [Antenna]: Width: 3.24"W x 2.76"H x 5.14"D (82 x 70 x 131 mm)
- Weight [Antenna]: 1.6 lbs (0.77 kg)
- TSO Compliance: TSO-C147
- Dual Directional Antenna
- Transponder Coupler
- Install Kit