The AXP322 transponder is a remote-mounted Class 1 Mode S Level 2 Datalink Transponder, with support for 1090MHz Extended Squitter (ES), that meets all the current requirements for Mode S elementary surveillance transponders for both IFR and VFR flight. It is designed to be controlled using an Avidyne IFD540 or IFD440 GPS/NAV/COM.
Meeting the Mandate for ADS-B
The AXP322 also supports the latest Version 2 1090 MHz Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) Extended Squitter, known as “ADS-B out”. Equipping with ADS-B Out will be required in most U.S. airspace by 2020. The AXP322, when coupled with the Avidyne IFD540 or IFD440 transmits position information to appropriately-equipped ground stations and other aircraft. This provides improved airborne surveillance, provides vital information for airport ground surveillance, and is a key feature of future airspace plans in the U.S. and internationally.
- Dimensions: 2.68"W x 1.89"H x 6.3"D (68 x 48 x 160 mm)
- Weight: 0.97 lbs (0.35 kg)
- Type: Transponder Class 1 Mode S level 2els ADS-B Class B1S, TIS Traffic
- Certification: C112C, C166A, C112c, C166b, approved for IFR and VFR flight
- Compliance: ED-73C, DO-160F, DO-178B Level B, DO-254 Level C, DO-260B, DO-181D
- Power: 9-33 V, Idle: 0.15 A active: 0.34 A, 250 W at connector
- Environmental: -40°C to +70°C. No external cooling fan required.
- Gray Code & Serial Altitude Inputs
- Serial Altitude Output
- External Standby Input
- Weight on Wheels Input
- External Ident Input
Includes transponder and installation kit.