The System Forty is a single-axis roll stabilization autopilot which includes heading pre-select, turn command (which will give up to 90% standard rate turn), VOR / LOC tracking, back course tracking, and a gain enhancement feature for tracking GPS Navigation analog left / right deviation signals.
To utilize GPS roll steering (GPSS) commands, an additional ST-901 GPSS converter may be required to feed the autopilot with compatible steering signals. The ST-901 GPSS converter is not required for GPSS when integrating to an Aspen EFD system or Garmin G500/600 EFIS.
A compatible DG or HSI is required for the heading pre-select function or when adding the optional ST-901 GPSS converter.
Building block concept allows upgrading to a System Fifty or FiftyFiveX two-axis system.
- 3” ATI panel-mounted
- Internal lighting
- Roll axis computer three ATI case-contained
- Heading preselect and hold**
- Turn command in “STB” roll stabilization mode
- Low and high gain VOR/LOC/GPS tracking (track only)
- Back course (REV) mode
** Operational if heading system (e.g., DG with heading bug) is installed and active.
- Manual Electric Trim (Autotrim not available)
- ST-901 GPSS Converter
- System 40 Computer/Programmer
- Turn coordinator
- Roll Servo
- Cable Assemblies
- Installation/Hardware kit
- STC Documentation package