Let the versatile GTR 225 Comm radio reduce the amount of work you do in the cockpit. Not only does the GTR 225 meet the basic needs of most pilots – including adhering to new airspace requirements in Europe – but features a number of advanced features that save you time and effort.
Choose Your Installation
The GTR 225 is available in 3 versions to fit your needs. Two of these models are available with 25 kHz frequency channel spacing and 8.33 kHz channel spacing to meet the impending Single European Sky mandate that all aircraft in Europe will need to operate with by 2018. It's also available with either 10 W or 16 W of transmitter output, letting you find the right balance of power and price. All 3 versions include a 2-place intercom that’s ideal for 2-seat aircraft; no additional hardware is required to communicate with your passenger. Plus, remote frequency flip-flop capability can help in demanding operating environments like helicopters, letting pilots keep their hands on the controls.
Reduce Your Workload
In addition to traditional Comm features, the GTR 225 incorporates a number of functions that can save you time and effort. Provide the GTR 225 with an airport identifier and it will automatically find its frequency (and vice versa) thanks to a built-in, updateable database. Easily store and recall commonly used or most recently used frequencies by an assigned name using the device’s internal memory. When installed with a compatible GPS source like our GTN or GNS series avionics, you can view facility name and type when tuned to a valid station.
Never Miss a Transmission
With its standby frequency-monitoring feature, the GTR 225 gives you the ability to listen to ATIS while monitoring ATC. Swapping your active and standby frequencies is done with a single touch of a button. No longer will you have to worry about missing an ATC call or other critical transmission. You can also use the built-in timer to assist with approaches, holds and other assigned maneuvers.
- Communication channels: 760 with 25 kHz spacing; 2280 channels with 8.33 kHz spacing
- Frequency range: 118.000 to 136.992 MHz (with 8.33 kHz spacing
- Transmit power: 10 or 16 W (optional)
- Input voltage range: 9 to 33 VDC
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +55 C
- Certifications: TSO C169a (transmitting and receiving), TSO C128a (stuck mic)
- Dimensions: 1.65”H x 6.25”W x 10.4”D (4.19 x 15.88 x 26.42 cm)
- Weight: 2.30 lbs (1.04 kg) unit only; 3.06 lbs (1.38 kg) with mounting rack
- Depth: 11.23 inches (28.52 cm) behind panel, including mounting rack and connectors
- GTR 225A
- Installation kit