A distinctive new look and continuous innovation make the new Zulu the ultimate blend of design, technology and high performance. Zulu once again sets the standard by which all premium ANR headsets are measured.
Lightspeed engineers researched how pilots perceive noise at various frequencies in the cockpit, then developed technology providing focused noise attenuation over the most critical ranges. The result is a headset with the ultimate performance profile and industry-leading total noise cancellation attributes.
Got a Zulu.2? Get FlightLink.
Introducing FlightLink, the first in-flight cockpit recording application for the Apple iPad and iPhone. The free FlightLink app works seamlessly with newer Lightspeed Zulu.2 headsets to capture and retrieve incoming and outgoing communications. Store multiple flight recordings on your device or iTunes account, and enjoy instant playback of Air Traffic Control transmissions. On the iPad, draw notes on the large scratchpad. Easily toggle from other apps to access recordings and notes.
With patent-pending Microport VentSM technology and newelectronic cancellation components, the Zulu.2 offers improved activenoise reduction (ANR) consistency and performance over a deep, broad rangeof low frequency noise. The magnesium ear cup is superior at blocking outhigh frequency noise.
Weighing in at about 13 ounces, the LightcomfortSM designincludes plush ear seals, exceptional fit and 15% less side pressure.
With the patent-pending Dual Aperture DiscSM Microphone andre-designed speakers, the Zulu.2 delivers unparalleled voice clarity withcrisp, rich audio. Studio quality audio is delivered using an integratedFront Row CenterSM (FRC) and stereo cross-feed technology. Inaddition, the new microphone design provides greater noise rejection forclearer, more intelligible communications.
A low-profile, stainless steel headband provides lightweight durabilityand excellent cabin clearance.
The Zulu.2's full-function Bluetooth connectivity provides enhancedsound quality for voice, music or compatible audio devices.
Cell Phone/Music Connection
An integrated control box auxiliary input offers an additional option forconnecting a cell phone, music player or other audio device.
Stereo or Mono
Match audio panel inputs with a quick switch to stereo or mono.
Never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority whichlowers the volume of any auxiliary device automatically during radio orintercom transmissions.
Lightspeed's proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life byautomatically shutting down the headset power when not in use.
- Headphone Impedance: OFF Mono-200 ?, ON Mono-280 ?, OFF Stereo-400 ?, ON Stereo-560 ?, All @ 1kHz
- Speaker Frequency Response (Active): 20Hz to 20kHz (volume sliders max)
- Microphone Electret: Bias: 8-16V (Not polarity sensitive), Bias Resistance: 220?-2200?, Dual Aperture Disc
- Sensitivity Electret: 16mV-132mV across 8-16V, Bias Re: 94dB SPL input at 6mm
- Frequency Response: 200Hz-6000Hz
- Maximum SPL for Microphone: 110db
- Power Source: Battery: 3V, 2(AA) Alkaline batteries / Aircraft Power: 8-40 VDC
- Bluetooth Streaming Music: Yes
- Maximum SPL for ANR: > 125dB @ 100Hz
- Weight: 13.9 oz. / 394.05 grams
- Bluetooth Enabled Phone: Yes
- Zulu.2 headset
- Carrying case
- Cell phone cable with standard 2.5mm connector
- Audio device/iPhone cable with standard 3.5mm connector
- Two cord clips
- 2 AA batteries
- Foam windscreen
- User and quick start guide with warranty information