Simple one-handed operation is the most essential feature of the IC-A6. The well labeled, large keypad provides user friendly operation. The large display shows both letters and numbers and is easy to see, making for fast frequency recognition. The display is backlit, and so is the keypad. The light stays on until you turn it off – a very handy feature for flying at night.
The IC-A6 stores the last 10 channels used. You can easily recall those channels by pushing the “flip-flop” recall buttons on the front panel. It is convenient for switching between several channels, such as NAV and COM channels.
An external DC power jack allows for operation with the wall charger, BC-110 or the cigarette lighter cable, CP-20. When the battery pack is installed, simultaneous charging during operation is also possible. In addition, an optional battery case, BP-208N, is available.
The water resistant construction provides reliable operation in wet conditions.
- 200 memory channels (20 Ch × 10 banks) with 6 character names
- Dedicated 121.5MHz emergency key
- Side tone function allows you to hear your own voice via an external aviation headset
- Optional Ni-Cd and Li-Ion battery packs
- NOAA marine weather channels
- Tag scanning and memory bank scanning
- ANL (Auto Noise Limiter) for noise reduction Low battery alert
- Dimensions: 5-3/32" x 2-1/8" x 1-13/32"
- Weight: 15.2 oz
- Belt clip (MB-103)
- Wall charger (BC-110AR)
- Antenna (FA-B02AR)
- 1650 MaH NiMH Battery pack (BP-210N)
- Headset adapter (OPC-499)