PS Engineering PMA8000-series Audio Panels
Plug-n-Play Audio Panel for Garmin GMA340
The PMA8000 Series is PS Engineering's flagship audio panel, providing great intercom, aircraft radio and entertainment audio fidelity. Included is the IntelliVox® auto-squelch, front panel utility jack, digital aircraft radio recorder, advanced configuration, and optional Bluetooth® capability.
||PS Engineering has again demonstrated its forward thinking with the PMA8000B, a certified audio selectable panel that has brought more innovation to the general aviation audio panel than any other company. And it all starts UP- FRONT of the unit with the front panel utility jack as well as front panel audio panel configurations. Using our exclusive Smart Function Keys, the pilot cano customize their audio panel to their specific requirements. The front-mounted, 2.5mm multipurpose jack give pilots unprecedented access to their audio panel, allowing connections to cell phones, portable music devices, or audio announcements directly into the audio panel. Some Bluetooth® enabled phones will be able to take advantage of front panel control of play/pause; skip; backup; last number dial, and two speed dial numbers.
||The PMA8000E sets a new level of cockpit integration when it comes to the more complex aircraft that require independent audio panel control. The PMA8000D is a ship set of two. With digital interface control, the pilot is always in control while allowing the copilot to off load not only radio communications, but also allow access to the passengers without interrupting the pilot.
- IntelliVox® automatic VOX system with individually gated microphones
- 3-Com capability (PMA8000C only)
- Bluetooth® enabled allowing up to two devices to be connected simultaneously (PMA8000BT and PMA8000C only)
- 6 - Place hi-fi stereo intercom with Soft Mute™
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
- 4 - music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute, Intercom Mute
- Dedicated front panel music volume control
- Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
- Cellular telephone input with "DuTel™" telephone distribution
- Easy front panel control for telephone side tone on/off
- Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)
- Front panel utility jack for phone, iPod, or unswitched audio warnings
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- 2 - Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)
- 3 - Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 5 - unswitched inputs, with front panel unswitched input
- Selectable music distribution for passengers
- Selectable intercom mode with special "Alternate Intercom Mode"
- RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
- 3-year Pro-Support Warranty
What benefits do you get when removing a GMA340 and replacing it with a PMA8000-series panel?
PS Engineering incorporated some "smarts" with the new front-mounted, 2.5mm multipurpose jack. When used as an entertainment input, the music can be directed to the crew and/or passengers. PS Engineering's patented SoftMute™, Karaoke Mode™, along with the four different mute modes (Mute ON; Mute OFF; Intercom Mute; Radio Mute) gives the pilot the most music flexibility available today.
PS Engineering has devoted considerable effort in providing a means of customizing the audio panel to meet particular needs. Ease of use was foremost, so voice annunciations are used with the selection of each function. Our revolutionary Virtual Tech Support (VTS) voice prompts each special function selection assuring that the pilot knows exactly what the new audio panel configuration is, in plain English. Three different configurations can be selected from the front panel, such as how the music is distributed, the way the intercom functions, and selecting the new Monitor Function. Once a particular configuration is selected, a female voice announces that selection and will remain in affect until the pilot changes that selection. No audio panel from any manufacturer offers this kind of flexibility.
The Monitor mode is probably the most significant, single product improvement that has been made to the PMA8000B since it was introduced 3 years ago. This new function allows the pilot to designate one com radio as primary, while having the second com as the secondary audio source. When there is radio activity on the primary radio, the secondary com radio will temporarily mute. The Monitor mode will change your IFR approach environment, eliminating having to try to decipher two simultaneous radio receptions While using the phone, the pilot can receive and transmit on the selected VHF COM, for seamless integration in the cockpit. (Cellular telephone use in flight is not permitted, but remains a convenient and safe way to contact air-traffic control or a weather briefer while on the ground.)
PS Engineering's innovative Internal Recording System (IRS™) is now standard equipment, a $130 savings! The pilots can instantly play back radio messages, eliminating the need for the pilot to request "say again," or assure themselves that the last radio call was for them. The playback button is on the front panel. Up to 8 messages can be recorded and played back in sequence. The new PMA8000C is backward compatible with the PMA8000 as well as a direct replacement for the GARMIN GMA340.
||Audio Selector Panel w/Built-in Bluetooth Interface
||Audio Panel with Built-in Bluetooth
||Dual Audio Panel with Built-in Bluetooth