The SSD120-35C-RS232 is a rugged and reliable altitude digitizer for applications where size, weight, and economy are critical. This encoder accurately measures air pressure and converts this measurement into the ICAO parallel data as set forth in the International Standard for Pressure Altitude Transmission.
Incorporating one ICAO gray code port and two RS232 serial altitude data outputs, this encoder is a simple and robust addition to any avionics installation requiring pressure altitude information for multiple aircraft systems.
The serial data protocol is commonly used to provide pressure altitude data to ADS-B, GPS, auto-pilots, transponders and other navigation devices. Six serial data protocols are available. Data protocol is selected through internal shunts or via software set-up.
- Small, light, and low power consumption
- ADS-B compliant
- 1/8-27NPT static port inlet
- One ICAO pressure altitude gray code output
- Two RS232 serial altitude data outputs
- Pin for pin replacement for most altitude encoders
- Resolution of the serial altitude data may be set to 100 feet or 10 feet through internal shunts
- FAA TSO-C88a and ETSO-C88a approved
- Tested and conforms to MIL-STD-704E and RTCA DO-160E
- 42-month manufacturer warranty
- Weight: 4.3 oz
- Dimensions: 3.875" x 2.9" x 0.91"
- Operating temperature range: -20˚C to +70˚C
- Operating voltage: +10 to +33 VDC
- Operating current: +12 VDC @ 220mA / 28 VDC @ 270 mA
- Altitude range: -1,000 to +35,000 ft
- Approvals: FAA TSO-C88a and ETSO-C88a
Installation hardware includes: quick release mounting tray; mating electrical connector and back shell; 1/8-27NPT to tube fitting and plug; installation manual.