Altitude Range -1000 to +30,000 feet.
The SSD120-30N-RS232 provides a rugged and reliable means of measuring air pressure and converting this measurement into the ICAO parallel data for Pressure Altitude Transmission. These units also provide altitude data on two asynchronous RS232 outputs. The serial data protocol is individually selectable for each output and is commonly used to provide pressure altitude data to GPS, Autopilots, Transponders and other navigation devices.
Resolution of the serial altitude data may be set to 100 feet or 10 feet. A data protocol offering one-foot resolution is available, as well as one protocol offering altitude data in meters.
This device is available in a variety of configurations based upon the operating altitude, temperature range and data formats required.
- FAA TSO-C88a and EASA ETSO-C88a Approval
- Tested and Conforming to MIL-STD-704E and RTCA DO-160E
- Low Power Consumption
- Standard D-Subminiature Electrical Connectors or MIL Cylindrical Connectors
- Dual 1/8-27NPT Static Port Inlets or Optional 1/8" Hose Barb with 360° Adjustable Swivel
- All Aluminum Housings Treated to Resist Corrosion as per MIL-C-5541E or Anodized as per MIL-A-8625 or Black Powder Coat
- Standard Operating Temperature Range: -20° to +70°C (-4° to +158°F)
- Optionally Available with Extended Temperature Range: -55° to +70°C (-67° to +158°F)
- Operating altitude: -1000' to +30,000' (available in altitudes from 30,000’ up to 100,000’)
- Operating Voltage +10 to +33Vdc
- Accuracy: 50' from -1000' to +30,000’
- Weight: 5.9 oz.
- Will operate on either 14 or 28 VCD at 0.270 Amps
- No warm-up time: +20ºc to +70ºc, -20ºc to +20ºc 30 seconds