Using the 978MHz datalink frequency band, which is one of two channels available to pilots in the United States airspace for ADS-B, Avidyne’s SkyTrax100 Receiver provides Flight Information System-Broadcast (FIS-B) weather information, including NEXRAD radar, METARs,TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, Special Use Airspace (SUA), and Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs). The SkyTrax100 will also receive traffic information* directly from nearby 978MHz-equipped aircraft, and indirectly through the rebroadcast of 1090MHz-equipped aircraft via 978MHz ADS-R. Traffic information from aircraft not participating in ADS-B is received from ground stations via 978MHz TIS-B transmissions (Traffic Information Service-Broadcast).
- Receive only
- For IFD540/440 customers with AXP340 Mode S Transponder (1090MHz ADS-B Out) > 18,000ft
- Dimensions: 6.00"W x 2"H x 5"L (152 x 513 x 127 mm)
- Weight: 1.00 lbs (0.45 kg)
- Type: 978MHz TSO Rule Compliant ADS-B IN
- Certification: TSO C112, TSO C166b; ETSO 2C112b, ETSO C166b (Approved for IFR & VFR flight)
- Compliance: TSO C157a, TSO C195a, DO-160G, DO-178B Level C, DO-254 Level C
- Power: 10 – 40 V, 0.2A @ 12Vdc
- Environmental: -40 to +70 C
- GPS Compatibility: Avidyne IFD540/440, Aviation Format
Connector kit and Mounting Tray are included. Antenna is sold separately.