BendixKing has designed the KY 96A and KY 97A to operate on 760 frequencies from 118.00 MHz to 136.975 MHz. You can switch between active and standby frequencies. Simply tune the desired frequency into the standby window ("STBY") while monitoring the "USE" channel. When the time is right, simply push the frequency transfer button to transfer the standby frequency into the active window.
A remote switch may be installed as an additional means of providing the "flip-flop" function. Up to nine channels can be easily programmed by the pilot into the memory of the KY96A or KY97A. The KY 96A & KY 97A remember displayed and stored frequencies without batteries or external hookup in the event of a power shutdown or interruption. They have an easy-to-read, illuminated LCD display.
- Simultaneous digital display of both active and standby frequencies
- Push button frequency flip-flop (may be triggered remotely)
- 9 memory channels
- 5 watt transmit power
- 4 watt audio amplifier for cabin speaker
- Audio levelling to reduce the difference between strong and weak signals
- Size: 6.25"W x 1.3"H x 10.50"L
- Weight: 2.9 lbs.
- TSO Compliance (Transmitter): TSO C37c, Class 4
- TSO Compliance (Receiver): TSO C38c, Class C & D
- Power Output: 5 Watts min.
- Duty Cycle: 1 minute on, 4 minutes off
- Temperature Range: -20 to +55C
- Frequency Range: 118.00 to 136.975MHz in 25KHz increments
- Modualtion: 70% modulation with 90% limiting. Less than 15% distortion at 70% modulation
- Receiver Sensitivity: 2uV (hard) or less for 6dB S+N/N with 1KHz tone modulated 30%
- Rack and connector (if needed)