Only Honeywell's Bendix/King Silver Crown KN 63 offers so many high-performance DME features in one compact, low-cost package.
The TSO'd KN 63 is a complete 100 watt, 200-channel remote DME system utilizing Large Scale Integrated (LSI) circuit technology. Offering significant advantages in DME reliability and performance, the KN 63 is all solid-state (no transmitter tubes) and can be installed with either single or dual panel indicators.
Distances up to 389 nm (at line-of-sight altitude), groundspeeds up to 999 knots and time-to-station up to 99 minutes are computed digitally and displayed simultaneously on the KDI 572 panel display.
Distance lock-on is virtually instantaneous (usually within one second) with accurate groundspeed and time-to-station readouts following in less than a minute.
- Dimensions (KN 63): 6.50"H x 1.18"W x 11.55"L (16.51 x 3.00 x 29.34 cm)
- Dimensions (KDI 572): 1.35"H x 3.50"W x 8.35"L (3.43 x 8.89 x 21.21 cm)
- Weight (KN 63): 2.8 lbs. (1.27 kg)
- Weight (KDI 572): 0.8 lbs. (0.363 kg)
- Power Required: 11-33 VDC at 17 watts max. with two indicators
- Unit Part No. 066-01070-0001