The KN-62A DME is the TSO'd version of the KN-62 DME.
The KN-62A DME is a panel-mounted, 200-channel, all solid-state DME, including both internal and remote channeling capability. It provides simultaneous distance, groundspeed and time-to-station display.
- 1.3" high flat-pack, DME unit
- 200-channel receiver
- Features simultaneous gas discharge display of distance, groundspeed and time-to-station
- Can be channeled through almost any NAV receiver or tuned directly with its own frequency selection knobs
- No remote channeling adapters needed
- All solid-state transmitter provides 100 watts nominal power output
- All channeling done electronically using a single crystal digital frequency synthesizer
- Operates on any DC voltage from 11 to 33 volts without adapters or power converters
- No external cooling is required since it draws only 15 watts of power
- Dimensions: 1.30"H x 6.312"W x 12.258"D (3.302 x 16.032 x 31.135 cm)
- Weight: 2.6 lbs. (16.032 cm)
- Power Required: 11-33 VDC at 15 watts