The GNC 250XL delivers picture perfect GPS/comm technology and outstanding reliability. This VFR panel mount combines GPS navigation with a TSO-certified 760-channel transceiver and high resolution DSTN moving map display. The GNC 250XL shares the popular features of the GNC 300XL TSO at a lower price for the VFR pilot.
View Graphics in Sharp Detail
Graphics appear in crisp detail on GNC 250 XL’s 80 x 240 pixel display — jagged lines disappear and smooth arcs and crisp alphanumeric characters prevail. For optimum viewing, a built-in photocell reads the light level and adjusts the display automatically from black-on-yellow to yellow-on-black for nighttime viewing.
Enhance Situational Awareness
Receive your choice of Americas or Atlantic or Pacific coverage from a huge Jeppesen® database. Like other Garmin panel-mount units, GNC 250XL features front-loading data cartridges, so you can make data updates without removing the unit from the rack.
Save Space with Built-in Comm
The GNC 250XL also delivers clear communication from its 760-channel VHF transceiver. Comm features include auto squelch control, instant standby and emergency channel select, and frequencies transfer from the database.
GNC 250XL: GPS/comm technology in a space-saving unit
- Auto Squelch Control
- Standard headset output with sidetone and audio leveling
- Stuck mike transmission timeout
- Emergency channel select
- Autotune frequency selection
- Search and Rescue Operation (ladder search)
- Pilot-defined course selection and waypoint hold
- Closest Point of Approach,
- Departure and arrival frequencies
- 14 map scales from 0.5 to 300 nm with nearby waypoints, navaids, and sectorized airspace, runway, and navigation data displayed
- Autozoom feature automatically keeps present position and destination on the map, with user-selectable track up, north up or desired track up display
- True Airspeed
- Density Altitude
- Winds Aloft
- RAIM Availability
- Sunrise/Sunset Calculations
- Trip, Fuel and VNAV Planning
- Unit Size: 6.25 x 5.64 x 2 inches (159 x 143 x 51 mm)
- Rack Size: 6.32 x 6.79 x 2 inches (161 x 172 x 51 mm)
- Unit Weight: 2.55 lbs. or 1.16 kg
- Rack Weight: .83 lbs. (0.38 kg)
- Display: 80 x 240 double super twist pneumatic with six times the contrast of typical DSTN displays. Automatic contrast adjustment with reverse mode for exceptional readability in direct sunlight or at night.
- Source: 10-15 Vdc, rechargeable battery, 115 Volt with optional wall adapter for GPS simulator operation
- Battery Life: Up to 2 hours with screen time out enabled
- Data Storage: Internal battery retains stored data up to 5 years
- GNC 250XL GPS/comm receiver
- Jeppesen data card
- TSO GPS antenna
- Installation kit
- Quick reference guide
- Pilot's guide