Avidyne’s EX600 delivers easy-to-use, datalink-ready multifunction display capability for general aviation airplanes & helicopters.
Avidyne is committed to improving situational awareness and safety for general aviation pilots by focusing on developing products that are easier to use. Now, with our new EX600 Multi-Function Display (MFD), Avidyne offers the most feature-rich, pilot-friendly and easiest-to-use multifunction display available.
The EX600’s user interface dramatically improves your ability to access and display
critical flight data. This design philosophy keeps operation simple and consistent by allowing you to select and display what you need on a single easy-to interpret integrated moving map. As a radar display replacement, the EX600 provides easy access to radar modes, tilt control, and bearing adjust.
With the EX600’s “map-centric” operation and our new Map Panning feature, you can display a moving map of your flight plan and view datalink weather all along your route of flight. And view on-board Wx Radar. And special-use airspace. And traffic. And terrain. And color lightning. All without ever leaving the map page. It’s the only MFD available that provides the complete picture. And it’s the easiest to use.
- Bigger, Brighter Display: The EX600 features an all-new, high-resolution, sunlight-readable transflective color liquid-crystal display that provides the brightest, most versatile big-screen display available. With over 40% more pixels than our previous-generation MFD, and an incredibly wide viewing angle, the EX600 provides the look and feel of big-screen MFDs.
- CMax™ Electronic Approach Charts: All EX600s include CMax™, providing a world-wide library of geo-referenced approach charts and airport diagrams that help you manage and access critical flight information and reduce the amount of paper required on board your aircraft. Utilizing Jeppesen’s trusted JeppView™ Electronic Airway Manual, CMax makes accessing an approach or viewing an airport diagram a breeze. At startup, your departure airport chart is automatically loaded for ease of orientation, especially at unfamiliar fields. Your destination airport diagram and the list of available approaches are automatically loaded at the time your flight plan is entered. Charts can also be loaded for nearby airports along your route from the Trip Page using the EX600’s Auto-Fill™.
- Radar, Datalink Weather & More: Weather is a critical factor in the successful completion of any flight and Avidyne leads the industry in weather avoidance-capable multifunction displays. In addition to interfacing with 19 different on-board weather radar systems, the EX600 also displays color lightning and both broadcast and two-way satellite datalink
Dimensions (without tray)
- Width: 6.24” (158mm)
- Height: 4.93” (125mm)(front), 4.21” (107mm)(rear)
- Depth: 10.99” (279mm)
LCD Viewable Size
- 640x480 pixels (full VGA)
- Diagonal: 5.7” (145mm)
- Width: 4.61” (117mm)
- Height: 3.48” (88mm)
- 4.75 lbs (2.15 kg)
- Fixed wing Tray: 0.9 lbs (0.41 kg)
- Helicopter Tray: 4.1 lbs (1.86 kg)
- DO 160E
- To 50,000 ft
- -20C to +55C Operating
- +70C Short Term C
- Internal forced air cooling provided
- ARINC 407 – Synchro XYZ
- ARINC 429
Radar Interface – Optional
- Collins WXR250/270/300
- Bendix RDR130/150/160
- Bendix RDR1100/1200/1300
- Bendix RDS81/82/82VP/84/84VP/86/86VP
- Bendix/King RDR2000/2100
- TSO C63c: Airborne Weather Radar
- TSO C110a: Airborne Passive Thunderstorm Detection
- TSO C113: Airborne Multipurpose Electronic Display
- TSO C118: Traffic Alert & Collision Avoidance (TCAS)
- TSO C147: Traffic Advisory System (TAS)
- TSO C157: Flight Information System - Broadcast (FIS-B)
- TSO-C43c: Temperature Instruments
- TSO-C106: Air Data Computer
Interface cable not included. Please see related items and accessories for pricing.