The Evolution Backup Display is a fully digital, independent flight instrument display that replaces all traditional mechanical backup instrumentation. Built to compliment existing non-Aspen glass cockpit solutions, the Evolution Backup Display is exceptionally easy to use and is built from the same robust, feature-rich platform as the popular Evolution Flight Display System.
You’ve transitioned to glass, why be forced back to mechanical instruments in an emergency situation? In the event of losing your primary glass panel to a power failure, the Evolution Backup Display delivers primary instrument functions — and more — for a minimum of two hours via its own independent emergency battery.
Aspen’s Evolution Backup Display features an intuitive, easy-to-read interface. It replaces traditional steam gauge backup instruments with fully-integrated digital EFIS functions, such as attitude, altitude and airspeed tapes, HSI, VSI, GPS flight plan, and GPS Steering.
The Evolution Backup Display is designed as an easy-to-install drop-in replacement for mechanical instruments. It features exceptional compatibility and works with the avionics already in your panel. Available in Basic and Advanced versions, you can choose the option that fits your needs and budget.
The Evolution Backup Display is the most robust backup system on the market, with two hours of battery backup power and enhanced capabilities such as coupled approaches (with compatible autopilot), traffic and weather display (with optional or existing sensors).
The Evolution Backup Display — a better, smarter glass panel backup.
- Full-featured back up instrument for GA retrofit
- Seven-in-one digital back-up instrument
- Certified two-hour emergency battery backup
- Portrait and landscape model options fit wherever panel space is available
- Attitude Indicator (AI)
- Altitude Tapes with Integral altitude alerter (visual only)
- Airspeed Tapes with airspeed bug
- Magnetically Slaved Directional Gyro (DG) with heading bug
- Turn and Slip Indicator
- Vertical Speed Indicator (VSI)
- GPS flight plan map views: 360º & ARC
- Display of real-time winds aloft, OAT, TAS, and ground speed
- Two hours of battery backup power with emergency GPS
- Optional emergency GPS
- Dual ARINC 429 GPS and VHF Nav support
- Optional ACU for analog GPS and VHF Nav support
- Overall Dimensions: 3.50” W x 7.00”H x 4.15”D
- Weight: 2.9 lbs. with mounting bracket
- Display Type: 6.0” Diagonal TFT Active Matrix LCD
- Display Resolution: 400x760
- Display Backlight: High Intensity White LED
- Display Colors: 32,768
- Operating Temp: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temp: -55°C to +85°C
- Max Operating Altitude (unpress.): 35,000 ft.
- Cooling: Integral Fan
- Max Humidity: 95% at 50°C
- Input Voltage: +8 to +32 Volts DC
- Max Current: 2.4 Amps @ 28 Vdc / 4.8 Amps @ 14 Vdc
- ARINC 429 Inputs: 5 Low Speed
- ARINC 429 Outputs: 1 Low Speed
- RS-232 Inputs: 5
- RS-232 Outputs: 3
- Pitot / Static: Quick Connect
- FAA and EASA Technical Standard Orders: TSO/ETSO: C2D, C3D, C4C, C6D, C8D, C10B, C106, C113
- Software: RTCA DO-178B Level C
- Environmental: RTCA DO-160E