An innovative aviation communication headset designed for the unique challenges pilots of all types of aircraft encounter. Delivers an unmatched combination of full-spectrum noise reduction, comfortable fit and clearer sound.
Thanks to unique Bose acoustic technologies, this unmatched combination of benefits is available in one lightweight headset. And with our AdaptiSense™ headset technology, you can enjoy the performance of the Aviation Headset X for at least 40 hours from just two AA alkaline batteries.
As a pilot you’ve got high expectations for your equipment. But most active noise reduction headsets require large earcups and considerable headband force to reduce aircraft noise. Through 25 years of research, Bose has developed a better solution with the invention of the TriPort headset structure. This proprietary innovation enables our smaller, more comfortable headset to deliver full-spectrum noise reduction.
Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headset circuitry monitors sound at the ear, identifies unwanted noise and creates an out-of-phase signal to reduce it. Our active equalization circuitry delivers clean, full sound with improved intelligibility of radio and intercom audio. In fact, US Air Force tests with our Acoustic Noise Cancelling headsets achieved intelligibility scores of 95% at 115db.
The TriPort headset acoustic structure enables the Aviation Headset X to offer 50% less clamping force than most active noise reduction headsets. The solid magnesium headband is extremely lightweight, yet durable. The sheepskin cushion eliminates hot spots, and soft, padded ear cushions provide an effective seal—even over glasses. The result is superior noise reduction in a comfortable headset that weighs only 12 ounces.
Our proprietary AdaptiSense headset circuitry allows at least 40 hours of use from just two AA alkaline batteries. It supplies power as needed, detects when you’ve stopped wearing the headset and automatically shuts off the active electronics after you have finished flying to preserve battery life. The ergonomic control module puts this technology and all other features, including dual thumbwheel volume controls, within easy reach.
Try the Bose Aviation Headset X for yourself. Choose the configuration that best fits your flight needs: An installed version or one of two portable options. Experience its full-spectrum noise reduction and see how comfortable it still feels after several hours in the air. We think you’ll agree with thousands of other pilots that this is the best you’ve ever worn. If not, send it back for a full refund of your purchase price.
- TriPort® headset structure - Proprietary Bose technology enables a smaller, lighter, more comfortable headset with less clamping force.
- Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headset technology - Only from Bose, this patented technology electronically identifies and reduces unwanted noise, allowing improved intelligibility of radio and intercom audio. The continuous roar of flying is reduced, so your concentration is improved.
- AdaptiSense™ headset technology - Sophisticated electronics monitor power demand and instantaneously adjust the voltage to maintain maximum battery life. Smart shutoff detects when you've stopped using the headset and automatically turns off all electronics to preserve battery life.
- Active equalization - Electronically tunes the frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance for improved speech intelligibility.
- Breadth: 4.8 to 6.3 inches
- Height: 4.5 to 5.7 inches
- Weight: 12 oz (340 g)